Volvo Body Shop Discusses Self-Driving Cars
Cool news from the automotive sector: Volvo recently partnered with other companies to pack its vehicles with autonomous auto technology. The company’s vision is compelling: to allow drivers to experience the autonomous option while retaining the choice to operate vehicles manually. To determine whether consumers will actually embrace autonomous vehicles, Volvo has conducted a worldwide online survey. Volvo’s Future of Driving survey has elicited over 50,000 responses and facilitated the largest conversation on this topic to date.
Important survey findings include:
- 9 of 10 New Yorkers believe that autonomous cars will make their lives easier.
- 86% of California residents hold the same belief.
- Just over half (52%) of people in Illinois would trust an autonomous vehicle to make appropriate safety decisions.
- Nationally, 68% of people believe autonomous vehicles will eliminate traffic accidents, but in Pennsylvania this number drops to 62%.
- 69% of the population believes that autonomous cars could keep their families safer, but Texans are skeptical, and only 60% hold this belief.
- 90% of those surveyed believe that federal and state governments, as well as local authorities, are slow to plan for autonomous cars.
- 68% of survey respondents believe that manual driving should still be an option.
Volvo believes autonomous cars are the next step in automobile evolution and plans to put 100 people in these vehicles in 2017. Learn more, or get involved here.
Looking for Bay Area Volvo Auto Repair Services?
Shattuck Auto Collision Center provides state-of-the art Volvo auto body repair work in an environmentally correct setting. Our Volvo repair services include precision unibody and framework, and expert color paint matching. Visit our website to learn more, contact us online or give us a call at 510-848-6281.