When customers first learn about PDR, they are often blown away by its advantages:
- Lower cost (generally)
- No new paint required
- Ideal for fixing large bumps and dings (e.g. damage caused by hail or rocks)
- Fast turnaround time (often under an hour)
- No risk of incorrect matching of colors;
- No risk of over spraying paint;
- Depending on the tools, techniques, and auto technician skills deployed, PDR can eliminate dents without sanding, filler, or painting over the dent.
Paintless dent repair was once the province of a few specialized auto shops. Today, it is being
heralded by large auto insurance companies, repair shops, and a growing legion of satisfied
customers, all of whom swear that the process marks a watershed event for the repair industry.
This isn’t to say the traditional body shop techniques are irrelevant. Indeed, paintless dent repair
is not necessarily the only or best solution.
PDR may not be appropriate in the following conditions:
- If the paint on your car or truck is cracked;
- If you have a dent near a panel’s edge;
- If you are trying to repair an older vehicle (made before 1990);
- If you have an extremely large dent or complicated damage.
PDR requires patience, proper technique, and powerful technologies. Your technician will
massage the warped metal back to normal using specialized tools — similar to how a masseuse
might massage away a knot in your back.
If you are in the Bay Area, and you want to learn more about paintless dent removal or discover
other tips, tools, and techniques to solve your auto damage problems, connect with the team
here at Shattuck Auto Collision Center.
We’ve been serving East Bay, Oakland and Berkeley for nearly five decades – since 1965. You can reach us at 510-848-6281 or www.shattuckauto.com. Contact us for more information or to schedule your repairs now.