Posts Tagged ‘Repair’
When you attended driver’s ed in the Bay Area or elsewhere, you probably learned early on that the best drivers are defensive drivers. We all – or at least most of us – remember this idea. But when some idiot in a speeding Camaro cuts us off on the freeway, our impatience and rage often overcome us, and we may do stupid things that put us at great risk for accidents.
Being a defensive driver means adopting a set of smarter, more cautious driving habits and behaviors. In some ways, it’s easier to define defensive drivers as doing the opposite of aggressive drivers.
image source: http://ow.ly/9lv5h
Aggressive drivers do things like:
- Cause conflict on roads
- Scare or intimidate other drivers by driving fast or driving while under the influence
- of alcohol, narcotics, or medications
- Blast music
- Ignore traffic signs
- Generally don’t pay sufficient attention to other vehicles and pedestrians
- Change multiple lanes without signaling
Defensive driving is the opposite – being conscientious, aware, and in control of your vehicle. Defensive driving involves more than just adopting good habits – it involves paying attention to the strange or dangerous actions of others and meeting these with appropriate responses. For instance, say someone veers into your lane and cuts you off. You may beep at them – not to provoke a fight, but to alert the person of your presence. Being a defensive driver doesn’t mean being a wallflower or milquetoast. It means “advocating for your driving rights” in the safest, most sensible, and most compassionate way.
To really fine tune your skills, consider taking a refresher driver’s ed courses or studying “best driving habits” online or elsewhere. It may sound silly to pay so much attention to your driving. But think about how many miles you spend behind the wheel. Auto accidents kill over 40,000 people every year and injure millions more. So it’s really worth it to spend some time thinking about how to make your driving as safe as possible
– not just for you but for other drivers.
We’re Here to Help!
If you have been in a collision, and you need help fixing your car, connect with the team here at Shattuck Auto Collision Center. We’ve been serving the East Bay, Oakland, and Berkley areas since 1965. Learn more about us at www.shattuckauto.com, or call now for help with minor and major collision repair at 510-848-6281.
- Deal with the logistics of the aftermath of the crash (i.e. getting your car towed away
- and repaired; filing a police report, etc)
- Attend to medical concerns, be they simple bruises and lacerations or more serious
- problems like concussion or broken bones;
- Help others around you, including injured passengers or other drivers who got hurt;
- Deal with interested third parties, such as the police, insurance adjusters, your own
- insurance company, and possibly a Bay Area accident law firm;
- Deal with the emotional, logistical, and financial confusion created by the accident;
- Face long-term challenges, such as rehab or a personal injury lawsuit.
1. Check for injuries.
2. Call the police and file a police report.
3. Exchange information with all relevant parties.
4. Collect witness statements.
5. File an insurance claim.
6. Connect with an attorney.
7. Find an auto shop near you.
Shattuck Auto Collision Center is the best auto body shop in the East Bay! Specializing in dent removal, paint matching, frame work and working with your insurance. We also provide tow, pick-up, delivery and car rental for our customers. We are apart of the BBB, insured, certified, and have been in the auto body & paint business since 1965! Right here on the Oakland, Berkeley border.
To watch our video click link below.
Serving the East Bay, Oakland, and Berkeley.
3207 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94705
46 years of Berkeley auto body repair excellence
On February 1, 2011 Shattuck Auto Collision celebrated 46 years in Berkeley and Oakland auto body business under the same family ownership and at the same location.
Shattuck Auto Collision Center provides complete collision auto body repair services in an environmentally correct setting with great emphasis on customer satisfaction. We have always been a leader in implementation of the newest auto body repair technologies providing the highest quality auto body repair service in the East Bay.
There have been many technology changes over the years, but our one constant is our excellent customer service. We will always take the extra step to make your collision repair project a positive experience. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff strives to provide the utmost in customer service. We work with all auto insurance companies and can assist you through the process.
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers and friends for giving us the opportunity to be of service to them over the last 46 years. We look forward to many more years to come.